Monday, November 21, 2005

Getting together, redux!!!


Howday.

Out here in lesser Siberia, I am living vicariously through you city dwelling folk. And frankly, there ain't much to it these days. I'm curious to know if Gilmans suggestion of a regular meet up ever caught fire. Do you guys have friends? That you actually see?
Wow, what is that like?
Yep, just a bit isolated out here. Now to be fair, the reason I'm not terribly unhappy is that I have an extremely satisfying home life. My daughter is a typical insane almost 9 year old dragon nut. My man is a typical insane M1A nut. We have a lot of fun together. (Even if that sometimes takes the form of snarking about the goddamn Bainbridge people. Cos, fuckin' a. Ruli excepted, of course...)
But, if you were to have some sort of planned get together, we'd like, come? If it was humanly possible? I seem to remember y'all being rather cool.

5 Comments:

Blogger DirtyBird said...

In my defense, I am also a new model Vaquero, Marlin Guide Gun, Sig 220, Ed Brown Custom Carry, Les Baer Monolith, Arsenal SA-85 Classic, Kifaru Marauder, Emdom pouch, GSG 9 boot, Arc'Teryx Combat Pant, Arc'Teryx Covert Crew, Southwest Motorsport Friction Fighter nut. To say I'm just an M1A nut overlooks so many parts of my personality.

I would also enjoy seeing y'all, as I love and miss you all.

10:43  
Blogger Christina Gilman said...

I'll let Ian share more specifics, but (1) no, nothing has happened on the gettin-together front yet and (2) it's still something we're interested in doing. Last incarnation discussed was a regular event hosted at our place, but details beyond that are still MIA. Any suggestions welcome.

12:16  
Blogger Ian Gilman said...

Yes indeed. Getting together at our house works well for us because we can put the Little One to bed and continue to hang out without worrying about babysitters and whatnot (she's only five months old. . . we're still easing into the whole babysitter thing). So, I'm thinking every Wednesday evening starting around 6:30 p.m. and going until 10:30 p.m. or so. Caitlyn usually goes to bed around 7:00 p.m., so if you want to see her, get there early, otherwise roll in whenever.

We'll provide basic drinks and snacks, but feel free to bring stuff, including meal-type items, or even ingredients to cook here, if you want. It will be an ongoing thing, so you can show up some weeks and not others. . . whatever works for you.

What do you think?

23:06  
Blogger DirtyBird said...

I like it. I like it a lot. What do y'all say?

08:44  
Blogger halibut said...

AHHHHH! I'm covered in babies!

Sam's gay.

Genny's actually still 'with child', as it were. I can honestly say, tho, that any regular outing would be a small speck on a distant horizon for me, but I'd love to try and make it to anything that you guys decide upon. Keep me in the loop. It makes me feel warm.

Do you guys think that Thomas the Train Engine is kinda sexy?

Yeah, me neither. [gulp]

22:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home