Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Neato!

Google never fails to impress me. While I banged my head against the brick wall that is the Hawaiian Department of Corrections, I was surfing and ran across the Google Short Message Service.

Basically, the service lets you send a text message to google, and google will hit you back with the information you're after. You can get driving directions, business and residential telephone numbers, weather reports, word definitions, simple searches, froogle, and more.

I think my phone's web browser is dippy and clunky, but I'm an old hand at sending text messages. Where I might not be willing to log on to the Internet from the field, I could definitely manage to send a text message. Someday, when I'm lost out in the hinterlands of Renton, or Federal Way or East Shitty, this thing is gonna save my ass.

Wasn't sure if y'all knew about it, so I figured I'd pass it along. Mazeltov!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home