Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dirtybird is Depressed

As one or two of you may know, I enjoy guns, pyrotechnics, and assorted other kinds of manly fun. This "Internet" business has been a boon to those proclivities; I can find information, and also other people who enjoy the same unusual hobbies I do.

I've been posting here and there on various discussion boards, talking to these other fellows about a host of issues, mostly related to gear or guns. Recently, I found the discussion boards at Kifaru - the makers of the coolest backpacks and pouches I've ever seen.

At the Kifaru boards, I've gotten into some politicial discussions. I just finished one there that depressed me all to hell. In it, I argued for respect, tolerance, cooperation, and compromise. For that, I pretty much got my ass handed to me. Amongst these fellows, there can be no compromise.

Anyway, if you feel like a long, pointless read with a depressing ending, here it is:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian Gilman said...

Well, I for one love to read what you write. Now, maybe it's because I already agree with what you're saying, but I think it's more because you're just so damn eloquent. But hey, there's just no talking to some people.

23:29  
Blogger Unknown said...

Compromise?!?! You pinko liberal communist Carter loving islamo-nazi! Go back to Venezuela!

15:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home